Google+

Friday, March 23, 2012

Another look at our April Kit

"Kisses" by Valerie Serfozo


I've been drawn to use photos taken outside with this paper. I suppose it's due to the sunny colors. When working with the kits, I spread the paper out on my scrap table, and go through my photos, looking for something that looks good with paper. This photo of my niece stood out when I noticed the little cluster of flowers in the top-left of the photo. I used a 2" scallop punch to cut out some of the elements on the paper. It was the perfect size, and easier than cutting around the scallops. But I did do some fussy cutting on one of the 7"x12" sheets of paper in the kit to create the background for my photo.

Add-on items used:
Webster's Pages Pinwheel flower
Wild Orchid Carnation
Green Tara Copper Heart
Thickers Foam alphabet - Eric

Items from my stash:
Gesso
Scattered Straw Distress Ink
Pumice Stone Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Flourishes die
Viva Decor Pearl Pen

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Valerie! Love the composition and that gorgeous lace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Valerie, I like the swirl coming out of the flower cluster and how you have used cut out from the papers.

    ReplyDelete