Google+

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Nadia, Joyce and Beverly Use the August Kit

Hi everyone!  Just a reminder that our Word Challenge is going on through the 14th of the month.  We have a couple of great prizes for this challenge.

If you haven't entered your name in the random drawing for Leslie's Bits & Pieces, check out the details here.  You have until August 12th to enter your name in the drawing.

We still have some August Kits "A Vintage Summer" available in the store.  Here's a look at how Nadia, Joyce and Beverly used the kit and add-ons.

******************************

"Love You" by Nadia Cannizzo

 I will confess..the brown messy paint on my layout is simply an accident. I was squeezing some paint out of a bottle when a big squirt came out and I was left with no choice but to pretend I was trying to be artsy and spread it all over the page. It looks OK ..but the layout has a different look than what I intended! This layout is of my youngest who at nearly 4 years old is more attached to me than ever. I think I have something to do with that..maybe LOL! But she is the only one at home right now so we spend a lot of time together and her and I just click. 


******************************

"Love 1950's Style" by Joyce Lawrence

I am making a surprise album for my friend.  Here’s a picture of her parents on their wedding day in the 1950’S. In one of the photos, he’s looking at her as if he wants to eat her up. Ha. Their love story continues in their 70’s. I so loved working with this line of paper, it distressed beautifully and effortlessly, and I loved the look of the puffy white distressed edges of white paper under the print.

Added white crackle paint to the Leaky Shed “Love” chipboard. I also created a stencil out of cardstock and a Martha Stewart punch and lightly applied it over the bottom portion of the layout using aqua ink. I really like the effect and will be using that idea again.


******************************

"Mom" by Beverly Sams

A little girl whose photo I enjoy scrapping, this time with her lovely mom~ Yes, they're my cousins! I painted the Dusty Attic Garden Tile frame white and added random splotches of pink, then added gray chalk ink to the edges. I spritzed the Green Tara camellias and the gingham alpha heavily with Perfect Pearls in Interference Red to add some depth and shimmer and to further tie them in to the total layout.


4 comments:

  1. Páginas maravilhosas!
    Parabéns!

    Abraços!
    http://fabi-expressoes.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous layouts!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete