Google+

Friday, January 10, 2014

"Dream" Layout: MMM January Kit

Hello everyone :).

Erin Blegen here with you today with one more look at our 
{SOLD OUT
January Magnifique Mixed Media Kit

"Dream"
When it comes to mixed media, you don't always have to go big and bold- even if the colors are as rich and beautiful as the ones in this kit. I chose to dilute the color of the "Raspberry Wine" Silks with some gesso to create the perfect purple/pink shade subtly seen beneath my masked areas. 

Using a wide spatula, I scraped the Silks vertically, up and down my page. 





I then diluted the "African Jade" Silks {again with gesso} and applied just a small amount over the "Raspberry Wine" areas, just as a highlight {seen bottom left}. I wanted to maintain a soft, dreamy feel to my layout.

The other half of my Blue Fern Studios "Ruth's Doily" {leftover from my canvas project} can be seen beneath my photo.

One last look at the January MMM Kit:


Don't miss out on the next one {to be revealed in just a few days!}, see how to Join {HERE}.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is soooo beautiful!! Gorgeous page with all those layers and pretty colors! I'm a fan:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Erin! I am fascinated by all the layering and texture. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow gorjuss layout, such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! I love the design <3

    ReplyDelete