Google+

Monday, February 23, 2015

Patti's March Kit Projects

Hello everyone! Patti here today sharing the projects I created using the March Kit! I absolutely love the mixed media style that is so popular lately, but I am just no good at achieving the look. I wanted to show how you can create traditional layouts with the products included in the March Main Kit. The Kaisercraft papers are perfect for vintage photos, but you can use them for other photos as well.

This first page is our youngest son and his wife. They just had their first child (our second precious Granddaughter) on Feb.6th!!! I used the paper, alphas and stickers from the Main Kit. I also used one of the large blooms. I made the two little paper blooms by cutting circles from the paper and adding buttons with a pearl on top. I did some faux stitching as well. I added one of the little burlap bows for the finishing touch.


This page is photos of the day she was born! Such a sweet baby girl! I made the blooms from the paper in the kit with a few punches. The leaves too. I cut some of the swirls from the paper and cut some circles matted in the darker paper. I added faux stitching again and some liquid pearls!


This is a really simple page. This is our first Granddaughter. I used the edge of the circle paper here with lots of the alpha stickers. I cut some of the swirls again and punched a couple of tiny butterflies!


OK, I had to to a heritage page too! The paper just screamed for it! This is Sarah Emilene Smith, she is on my Grandfather's side of the family. I thought her outfit looked just like the lady in the paper! I used the cork for a photo matt and punched a couple of butterflies from it. It's thin enough to punch easily! I also inked the lady and gent silhouettes and used them. The two extra blooms are from a previous Main kit.


My last project does use some mists! I used three different colors of mist on a piece of cream cardstock for these circles. I wanted to match the colors in the paper and the butterfly! I love the pretty mint colored lace included in the Main kit. I cut little paper bows and added pearl centers. I used the patterned squares from the packaging for the little tags.


This kit was a little bit of a challenge for me, the colors were not what I usually work with but it pushed me to go out of my comfort zone a little bit! You can purchase the March Mixed Media Kit and the Add-Ons now from the C'est Magnifique Store. Don't forget to check back to see what else the team has to share with you!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Patti! I love how you cut up the papers in this kit. Congratulations on the birth of your new Granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layouts are all wonderful and gorgeous - as is your family! I especially liked the layout with your relative's picture - awesome. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete