Google+

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Dana's August Kit Projects

Hi! Dana here today sharing the projects I created with the C'est Magnfique August Kits. I had a blast working with the Dovecraft Bohemian collection and the unique embellishments found in the kits. I used items from the Main Kit, Flower Add-On, Embellishment Add-On, Mixed Media Kit and the NEW Card Kit for my projects this month.


Personal Supplies: Project Life Cards, Doily, Cardstock, Whipped Spackle, Stencils

This first layout features a photo of my daughter at her 7th birthday party. We had a face painter attend the party and my sweet girl chose a sparkly rainbow design for her face. I wanted the mood of my page to match her joyous expression so I used a lot of bright colors and the things she likes best--flowers, butterflies and lots of sparkle.


This colorful flower cluster contains a mix of blooms from the Main Kit and the Flower Add-On. I filled in the cluster with paper flowers and leaves I cut from the patterned papers in the kit and some white leaves I cut from the product packaging.


I used the mist, paint and embossing powders from the Mixed Media Kit with stencils to create a colorful textured background for this layout.


My second layout features a photo of my niece. She is fearless and I have several photos of her high in a tree. I used one of the Prima photo frames from the Main Kit to crop the photo. The frames have adhesive backs so they are super easy to use.


If you love to fussy cut patterned paper, this kit is a must-have! I filled in my flower cluster with blooms I cut from the paper and a piece of rose trim.


I mixed the yellow paint from the Mixed Media Kit with whipped spackle and spread the medium over the stencil from the Mixed Media Kit to add a bright pop of color to the background of this page.



I created a small envelope album with the new Card Kit. I taped the envelopes together with washi tape and then embellished the envelopes with patterned paper and flowers.


I'm planning to use this album to send a series of letters to someone special.


Lastly, I embellished the canvas book covers from the Mixed Media Kit. To color the canvas I first prepped it with water and then poured the pink mist directly from the bottle over the canvas and let it absorb on its own. I added some yellow highlights with mist from a past kit.


I topped the canvas with paper and fabric flowers, assorted embellishments from the kit and a stamped sentiment.

I hope I have inspired you today! This kit is one of my favorites! I have one more layout to share for the August Sketch Challenge, so please stop by again on the first of the month.

The August Add-Ons and the Mixed Media and Card Kits are available for purchase now from the C'est Magnifique Store. The August Main Kit will be available on July 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment